A video-based final task for TEFL 1
Tasks to do:
- Create a video for the duration of approximately 10-15 minutes within a group of four students.
Things to cover on the video
- Name of the selected TEFL method
- History of the selected TEFL method
- Main goals of the TEFL method (e.g., grammar translation method focuses more on Grammar and reading skill; Direct method concern more speaking and listening)
- Procedures of the method
- An example of the teaching procedures (it may take around 10 minutes)
Below are the potential TEFL methodologies:
- Grammar translation method
- The Direct Method
- Audio-lingual method
- Community language learning
- The silent way
- Total physical response
- Communicative language teaching (CLT)
- Task-based language teaching Others
- The PPP model (Presentation, practice, production)
The deadline is on Thursday 25th January 2018
Some Recommended References
- Richards, J.C. & Renandya, W. (2002). Methodology in language teaching: an anthology of current practice. Cambridge: CUP.
- Richards, J.C. & Rodgers, T.S. (1986). Approaches and methods in language teaching. Cambridge: CUP.
- Harmer, J. (2001). The practice of English language teaching. London: Longman.
- Larsen-Freeman, D., & Anderson, M. (2000). Techniques and Principles in Language Teaching 2nd edition-Oxford Handbooks for Language Teachers. Oxford university press.
- Nunan, D. (2004). Task-based language teaching. Cambridge: CUP.
- References Anderson, J. (2016). A potted history of PPP with the help of ELT Journal. ELT Journal, 71(2), 218-227. doi:10.1093/elt/ccw055